Regardless of age, being stuck in Defense Mode is something the majority of "Aspie's" struggle with, whether knowingly or not. Having a better understanding of this fundamental step will prove highly beneficial.
That's why we offer a free introductory video and webinar designed to introduce you to Defense Mode and the surrounding concepts of limbic and somatic processing.
To sign up visit our Out of Defense Mode registration page here.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will there be a recording?
- Yes! Shortly after the webinar airs all registrants will receive an email from us with the recording.
- All AE+ Members get access to the webinar recording for the life of their subscription. Once logged in, click on "My Courses" on the left-hand side navigation menu and select DIDM Webinar.
How long will the webinar last?
- About 1 hour.
None of the listed days fit with my schedule, can I register for a different day?
- Certainly! You can find upcoming webinar days [here]. If none of these work, check back tomorrow for additional days.
- We currently only offer the webinar at 6:00pm PST. If you're unable to make that time, a recording will be emailed to you shortly after the webinar airs.
- Here's an easy-to-use timezone converter.
- We will send you an email on the morning of your registered webinar day with instructions on how to join. All you'll need to do is click the link in your email at 6:00pm PST and you'll be automatically connected.
I signed up for a webinar, but need to reschedule to another listed day. How can I cancel my first registration?
- If you need to change your webinar registration, simply go to our webinar registration page and select a new time. This new time will override all previous registration.
Should I watch the webinar by myself or with my child?
- We recommend watching the material yourself first, and then deciding whether or not you feel it's appropriate for your child. They may be against any new strategies should they be initially aware. It would be easier to watch the material again with them at a later time when they are ready. That being said however, parents often know their child best, and we would definitely defer to your knowledge in ultimately making this call.
Is my child too young/ old for this to be of benefit?
- Developmental maturity is very specific to the individual and is not always the best indicator of where someone is at cognitively. Often times younger children are ahead for their age, while sometimes those who are older may be slightly behind. Give it a try - you have nothing to lose.
- This webinar is an introduction to the Defense Mode concept, and is a precursor to the full Deep Into Defense Mode course.